Translate

Sunday 22 September 2013

First Week...

So, I've completed my first official week as a Student Midwife, and what a week!

The first week has been about dotting all the i's and crossing the t's but it's still been information overload :) We've all been together as our entire cohort, gradually learning names and faces over the week, met some of our lecturers, our academic advisors and had a chance to explore the campus.

We've been befuddled by timetabling systems and IT issues, but such is the balance of benefiting from a brand new programme - a few teething problems. We've learnt that we're all expecting rather too much of ourselves, and that our lecturers are more than happy if we are in the right room at the right time!

Everyone I have met is so lovely, and I think the fact that we have high expectations of ourselves will give us a good footing for the years to come. I am equally excited and nervous for the week to come - starting to get to grips with the "real" content of the course. I am prepared to accept any challenge and work hard to get back into the academic frame of mind.

I'm a student again. Eeeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment